The digitization of classrooms is part of a broad process of social transformation. This is a challenge for the educational community in general, and particularly, for the different subjects taught. In this post, we will talk about the new trends in language teaching and the benefits of implementing the Face-to-face Dexway Method.
Innovation trends in language teaching
Digitization in classrooms affects three main areas: teaching methods, learning processes, and the management of the school. However, the process goes far beyond digitizing books or materials. This is a thorough review of the way in which the teaching profession is practiced and how schools are managed. Here are some of the highlights of digital transformation applied to language learning:
- Creation of virtual environments and community development through technological solutions applied to the educational field.
- Fusion of digital technologies and tools with the method. The first step in this process was the introduction of hybrid educational models. In this model, face-to-face classes were complemented with online materials and tools. However, new technologies are gradually moving from being simple complements to becoming fundamental tools for the development of active teaching methodologies.
- Introduction of new devices and digital platforms in classrooms. As in our daily lives, digital technologies are permeating the educational community. The goal is to build smart classrooms to ensure effective student participation.
- Gamification strategies. They are increasingly popular among teachers to make classes more enjoyable and participatory. The digitization of schools facilitates the development and implementation of these strategies.
- Customization of learning processes according to students’ needs. The digitization of classrooms introduces a wide variety of resources and contents adaptable to the rhythm and special characteristics of each student. This allows for more inclusive classes and effective optimization of all ways of learning.
Face-to-face Dexway Method
Following this line, we have developed: Dexway for face-to-face language classrooms: the most innovative and interactive English training methodology for secondary, high school, and universities on the market.
This new version of Dexway is designed to be shared directly in the classrooms through different devices: electronic whiteboards, projectors, tablets, or computers. Teachers manage and control at all times the lessons that will be taught in class and also select the materials and exercises that will be sent for homework. It also allows for regular monitoring of progress and the strengthening of weaker skills.
Advantages of Implementing Face-to-face Dexway Method
With our methodology based on learning by doing students will unwittingly learn by participating in immersive recreations of real contexts. In addition, different types of devices (computers, tablets, and even mobile phones) can be introduced to increase student interaction in class. While initially overwhelming, new technologies are designed to facilitate face-to-face teaching and exchange. The implementation of Face-to-face Dexway Method has advantages for teachers, students, and the school itself.
Advantages for teachers
One of the great challenges of the digitization of classrooms is to develop the digital competence of teachers. To do this, Dexway offers ongoing technical support and pedagogical advice to help teachers make the most of their classes. Among the main advantages of Face-to-face Dexway Method for teachers are:
- More attractive classes. It allows teachers to propose new types of activities and develop their creativity to the maximum. In addition, they will be able to introduce interactive exercises, images, and videos. Teachers can even organize competitions and games to encourage learning through practice.
- Participation with different devices. The aim is to seek greater participation and interaction of students through computers, tablets, or even their mobile phones.
- Statistical information on the evolution of each student. The information generated by our LMS allows greater control over students’ skills and the efficiency of educational resources. With this, you can measure and adjust the academic performance of English classes individually or collectively.
- Virtual assessment. Teachers have the option of digitalizing and scheduling face-to-face or virtual English exams with copy and proctoring
Advantages for students
Students will be the main beneficiaries of the implementation of Face-to-face Dexway Method. Innovation in the classroom brings together learning processes with the digital skills of teens making classes more entertaining. In addition:
- Increases motivation. The development of more interactive and engaging dynamic content makes English classes more enjoyable for students. The more they enjoy learning, the greater their motivation and the better their performance results.
- It encourages collaborative work and community building. In the interactive exercises, students interact with both teachers and the rest of the students. Also, the platform becomes a sharing community.
- It strengthens autonomy. Dexway allows you to identify the reinforcement needs of each student and offer customized solutions. With this, more autonomous and continuous learning is encouraged.
- Accessible offline. All lessons and materials are accessible to all students upon authorization by the teaching staff. In addition, students have the possibility to download the contents in the app in class or anywhere with Internet access. Once downloaded, students can consult and work on them without having to be connected to the Internet.
- It encourages creativity. At Dexway, learning is based on practice and more work is done on reflection than memorization.
Advantages for the school
Face-to-face Dexway Method streamlines and optimizes school performance. It also facilitates classroom teaching without losing its authenticity. Therefore, this resource optimization not only remains in the classrooms but also reverts in the schools. Among the main advantages we find:
- Content unification. The implementation of the Dexway Face-to-face method eliminates the need for traditional books. Thus, the system of education at all levels is standardized and its quality is guaranteed. In addition, Dexway in its face-to-face version includes an LMS (Learning Management System) that functions as a resource center to centralize and organize all materials.
- Optimization of administrative tasks. Dexway Face-to-face method also facilitates the administration of the center or school. This allows better control of the work teams: monitoring students’ academic performance, the fulfillment of tasks, objectives, and teacher tutoring actions, among others. This saves the school or center time and resources.
- English classes without unforeseen events. In addition, it prepares the school to face adversities at a collective or individual level when classes cannot be given in person. With structured courses, the learning process can continue remotely without any interruption in unexpected situations.
The digitization of classrooms is already a reality, a process in continuous movement. Dexway remains committed to innovation in the classrooms and the development of solutions to optimize the English course in schools and centers. In addition, it offers all its clients continuous, personalized pedagogical advice and recommendations to improve the results of face-to-face classes. If you want to know more about the Dexway training universe or look for the best technological solution for your center, contact us without any commitment.
You may also like: