Language training has never been so exciting. The growth of technology has had a huge impact on the way languages are taught across the globe. More and more potential students now have access to online language courses and blended learning language training programmes.
Though educational tools have come an extremely long way in the past decade, it’s key to note that it’s not just the tools that have experienced a revolution. There has also been a huge growth in research into the theory of education. This means that the whys and hows of how students learn are now better understood than ever before.
This is great news for both traditional language schools and the providers of online language courses. After all; the better that the theory behind language training is understood, the easier it is to deliver the best possible language training resources to students.
What difference do digital learning platforms make to students?
A seemless, intergrated experience from wherever the student wants to study. This is just one of the benefits for using a digital learning platform such as a learning management system (LMS). Using an LMS is one of the key ways language training providers can increase the effectiveness of their educational offerings.
Students can log in and get straight to work, whether they are studying for online language courses or as part of a blended learning programme.
It’s easy to underestimate just how valuable this kind of digital tool can be during the educational process.
What benefits do students get from digital learning platforms?
Students get a huge range of benefits when their language schools or provider of online language courses invests in a digital learning platform such as a learning management system (LMS).
#1. It´s convenient
- A learning management system (LMS) makes language training a great deal more convenient. Students can log in and pick up their studies where they left off. Even better, they can do this wherever they are, whatever time it is. They don’t need to be using a certain computer or even be in the same country as the language school they’re studying with.
#2. App included
- Many digital learning platforms, such as the ones used for Dexway online courses, offer additional conveniences such as mobile apps. These can be used on handheld devices such as smartphones and tablets and make it even easier for students to fit their studies around other commitments.
#3. As easy as A,B,C
- One particularly impressive benefit for language students is how easy it is digital learning platforms make it for them to practice their speaking and listening skills. Students can log into a learning management system (LMS) and instantly enter a virtual classroom to practice conversational skill with other students. This is a major benefit of Dexway online courses; we host such a large community that there is always someone ready to chat.
#4. Instant feedback
- In the modern world, everybody expects instant feedback. This is very difficult to provide in a traditional classroom environment. However, with the help of a learning management system (LMS), teachers can provide students with instant results for assessments and learning exercises. Students of both online language courses and blended learning programmes can benefit from this.
#5. Tailor made
- It may seem ironic, but in some ways it is actually much easier for teachers to provide personalised educational experiences using a learning management system (LMS). Students will be met with exercises that are tailored exactly for the level they are at. This is particularly helpful in blended learning environments.
#6. The student sets the pace
- When they have access to a learning management system (LMS), students are able to set their own pace. This is extremely helpful for both online courses and blended learning programmes. Students often perform better when they are able to take ownership of their progress in this way. They then have the freedom to revisit class materials they have struggled with, or skip through any sections they have already got a good grasp on.
Why should the student seal of approval matter to language schools and the providers of online language courses?
Student approval matters for both online course and blended learning education providers for one very simple reason. The happier students are, the more likely they are to return for further tuition and/or to recommend education providers to their friends and families.
Dexway online courses are a learning management system (LMS) with a proven success rate. There are a wide range of levels and languages available, all of which come complete with a full suite of effective tools and resources. This includes our cloud based technology and popular mobile apps.
Could Dexway online courses improve your language provision? If you think your educational institution, and the students you work with, would enjoy the benefits of digital learning platforms like the ones Dexway online courses are based on, please get in touch.
You may also find interesting:
- Language Labs and How They Have Changed with Online Language Courses
- Why Should You Study Languages Online Through an LMS?
- 6 Advantages of a Virtual Campus for Your Language School